At Brown County Health & Living, we offer exceptional skilled nursing care. Whether it’s comprehensive long-term skilled nursing, respite or hospice care, your loved one is in good hands.
Registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, and licensed specialists make up our team. With their skills and expert care, they help our residents get the most out of every day. Every patient has different needs and requires different care. And we’ll be there every step of the way.
Accommodations, Services and Amenities Include:
- Private and semi-private suites
- Physical, speech, occupational and respiratory therapies
- Post-surgical care
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Large therapy gym with home transition area
- Complimentary WiFi
- Individuated care assessment and personalized care plan
- Three delicious meals served daily, along with snacks
- Beauty salon and barber services
- Ongoing advice and counsel for resident and family
- Podiatry, dental, audiology and optometry services
- Respite care
- Medicare, Medicaid and most insurances accepted
A Note to Veterans
Brown County Health & Living Community has been a VA-contract Community Nursing Home for over 10 years. For more information, please call (812) 988-6666.
Our Medical Director
Marin Garcia III, MD is our community’s medical director and leads the Brown County Health & Living team in the delivery of care and supportive services. Dr. Garcia is a family physician, with a practice in Nashville. Affiliated with IU Health Bloomington Hospital, he received his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine and completed residency in family medicine at Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center in South Bend, IN.
They have quality people on staff that have a true care for the residents. I feel very comfortable having mother cared for there.
- Eva H.
I appreciated the number of staff there that truly cared about Mom. She wasn’t another patient or client; they really cared about her as a person.
- Mike H.
The staff is very helpful and attentive. Brown County is an excellent option for long-term care.
- Keith M.